New York Rx Card Media Center
A recent poll conducted by industry professionals at RxResource.org focused on the best ways to cut costs on prescription drugs.
The poll results focused on the top three prescription assistance programs in New York.New York Rx Card out-ranked all other programs and came in number one. Below are the results and details from the poll:
1. New York Rx Card - New York Rx Card is a free statewide prescription assistance program that was launched on June 1st, 2011. The program is open to all residents of New York regardless of age or income.
2. New York Prescription Saver - NYPS is a pharmacy discount card that can lower the cost of your prescriptions by as much as 60 percent on generics and 30 percent on brand name drugs. You must be 50 up to 65, or a person with a disability who has been determined disabled by the Social Security Administration; AND have annual household income less than $35,000 (single) or $50,000 (married).
3. Big Apple Rx - BigAppleRx is a money-saving prescription discount card program designed for New Yorkers and visitors to NYC.
4. TogetherRx - TogetherRx is a first class program. The only knock on this program is that participation is restricted. Individuals must meet certain criteria to qualify for their programs.
5. EPIC - EPIC is a New York State program that helps seniors pay for their prescription drugs. More than a quarter million EPIC enrollees are saving an average of 90 percent of the cost of their medicines. Most enrollees have Medicare Part D or other drug coverage, and use EPIC to lower their drug costs even more by helping them pay the deductibles and co-payments required by their other drug plan. EPIC also helps members pay for Medicare Part D premiums.